Why are so many companies looking for outsource data centers looking at Midwest Colocation? Why are Microsoft, Google, and other large Internet companies putting their private data centers in the heartland? Here are the biggest reasons:
- Risks of natural disaster are lower
- Cost of real estate is lower
- Cost of power and labor is low
- Great access to multiple telecom providers in many areas
So if you’ve decided on Midwest colocation, how do you pick the right outsource data center? Use your company’s specific needs as your criteria for selection. Here are a few key criteria that are common to many of our clients:
- Hardened data center facilities – tornado, flood and seismic resistant
- Carrier neutral data center – multiple telecom providers with no cross-connect fees
- Affordable colocation – does the pricing model allow you to grow incrementally without penalties?
- Disaster recovery center facilities – is office space available? Are there spaces to stage and store equipment?
- Large data center – is there enough available space for you to grow if the need arises?
Not all Midwest colocation providers are alike. Do your homework and you’ll improve the odds of finding the best facility for your company’s needs.