ISO 27001 | SSAE 18 SOC 2 Certified Sales: 317.275.0021 NOC: 317.275.0001
Enterprises want to stay competitive and evolve with the rapidly changing technologies – all at a minimum cost! Most organizations want to streamline their resource consumption, carbon footprints, excess capacity and budget requirements. Modernizing the data center often becomes a requirement to support the frequent changes in business requirements.
Organizations adopting modernization and consolidation techniques often move to converged data center operations. A Gartner survey reveals that about 50% of respondents have already implemented or are in the process of implementing converged data center infrastructure, also known as fabric computing. It aims at pooling compute, network, server, storage and system management resources to deliver modular and standard based technologies for data center consolidation. The expected benefits of converged data center operations can include:
- Flexible IT that can allocate based on performance requirements, application importance, and service level agreements.
- Greater utilization of resources at lower costs.
- Increased operational efficiency.
- Faster application provisioning.
- Less complexity.
- Quicker IT response to priority changes or changes in the market conditions that affect business.
- Maximized uptime through better data center redundancy.
- Easy scaling of infrastructure.
- Improved control and manageability.
- Lower costs for supporting the growing amount of data and business applications.
If done properly, a converged infrastructure project wil modernize the data center to help businesses evolve and be competitive within sensible budget restraints.