ISO 27001 | SSAE 18 SOC 2 Certified Sales: 317.275.0021 NOC: 317.275.0001
There is plenty of talk about cloud computing, wholesale colocation, and other ways to solve your data center problems. If you listen, you’ll soon be convinced that you should 1) get rid of all your hardware and put your server images in the cloud, or 2) stop trying to build an enterprise data center at your organization’s headquarters.
But colocation and cloud computing are not solutions for everyone. Small companies that have tolerance for data center downtime might be best served by an in-house data center. Many companies that employ cloud computing one application at a time while continuing to maintain an enterprise data center or a colocation presence. Most of Lifeline Data Centers clients have a combination of in-house, cloud and colocation facilities that give them the room to grow and change.
What’s right for your business? Ask yourself a few questions:
- What is our tolerance for data center downtime?
- How many data centers do we need to meet our downtime requirements?
- Are any of my applications suitable for the cloud?
- How reliable are the telecom connections between our users and our critical systems?
- How good are we at managing power, cooling, and physical security?
- What compliance and certification requirements must we meet?
Want to know more? Call us at 317.423.2591