Who is Indy's largest data center? In the last few weeks, many of my friends, Lifeline Data Centers' clients and prospects have asked me this question. The reason they're asking is because another Midwest colocation provider has been advertising in press releases and pay-per-click as "Indy's largest datacenter."
Does it really matter? I can understand why you might use the size of a data center as a starting point for selection. Here is a list of other key issues you should also consider:
- Does the provider deliver 99.995 data center uptime (less than 27 minutes of downtime per year)?
- Is the data center pricing model easy to understand?
- How does the outsource data center charge you for power and cooling?
- Does the provider offer hardened data center facilities, built to withstand tornadoes and other disasters?
- How is the data center power redundancy engineered? Are there single points of failure?
- How many telecommuncations providers are available?
- Does the outsource data center charge monthly cross connect fees?
- Are private cages, shared space, office and staging space available?
- Are the critical power. cooling, and security systems maintained in-house or outsourced?
- How long has the data center provider been in business?
- Who owns the outsource data center? Are the owners involved in daily operations?
- How much data center expertise does the outsource data center team possess?
So who is Indianapolis' largest data center? It depends, of course, on how you measure it.
- Data center square feet occupied
- Data center square feet available
- Campus size
- Data center square feet available with room for expansion
Here are the facts about Lifeline Data Centers:
- Two locations
- 70,000 square feet of data center floor space available in existing buildings
- 30,000 square feet of data center floor space occupied
- Downtown building, along with a 41-acre second campus
- Room for 260,000 square feet of data center, 300,000 square feet of office
Looking to improve your computer system reliability and reduce costs? Moving your data center? Find out more about affordable colocation. Call Lifeline at 317.423.2591.