ISO 27001 | SSAE 18 SOC 2 Certified Sales: 317.275.0021 NOC: 317.275.0001
Is wholesale colocation the right venue for your cloud?
If your organization
- operates a private cloud
- delivers cloud services
- uses a combination of cloud and internal services
You may want to consider a wholesale data center as the center or hub of your cloud infrastructure.
Outsource data centers can deliver 99.995% uptime. That’s 28 minutes of data center downtime per year or less. You can leverage the data center power and cooling redundancy in an F5 tornado resistant data center without having to spend the capital costs to build your own.
You can maintain the control of your own servers, network and storage without worrying about hardened data center buildings, power, cooling, data center security, and fire suppression.
You can build a primary, secondary, or high-availability computer room that meets SAS 70 data center requirements along with other data center certifications and compliance, without having to use internal resources for compliance.
You can choose which telecommunications providers best suit your needs, in order to build a reliable, cost-effective wide area network.
You can leverage data center power costs by choosing Midwest colocation facilities with lower kilowatt hour costs .
Which wholesale data center is the right place to build your cloud computing data center? Consider these criteria:
- Is the outsource data center provider growing? Look for large, successful data center facilities with room to grow.
- Who owns the data center? Are the owners involved in the day-to-day operations?
- What’s the track record of the business? How long have they been building and operating data centers?
- What level of data center uptime is the provider offering? 99.995% uptime is the promised service level of a Rated-4 data center.
- Does the provider offer shared space, private cages or private suites? Can you bring your own cabinets? Do they offer optional office space? More options are better.
- What are your choices for telecommunications? If you need flexibility, you need a carrier neutral data center that offers access to many carriers. Look for facilities with no cross connect fees to keep monthly costs low.
- Look for a usage-based power pricing model with low per kilowatt hour pricing. Midwest data centers often have the best power pricing because of lower power costs in the region.
- Look for affordable colocation facilities can deliver 99.995% with a pay as you grow data center pricing model.
If you’d like to build more reliability and predictable costs into your data center, call Lifeline Data Centers at 317.423.2591.