ISO 27001 | SSAE 18 SOC 2 Certified Sales: 317.275.0021 NOC: 317.275.0001
IT Transformation refers to the process of enhancing information and communication technology and drive business results through technological efficiencies. However, unlike traditional investments in technology that require heavy capital investments followed by years to gain a return on investment, today’s technology investments are seeing an immediate return on investment.
IT transformation centers on improving infrastructure to encourage efficiency in systems with reduction in the waste of resources. Because so many companies are dependent on Internet-based systems and platforms, IT Transformation tends to focus on server technologies, internet infrastructure, along with advancements in computing including machine learning and artificial intelligence.
IT transformation essentially centers on looking at how best you have integrated technology into your business processes, what has come out of its use, how your enterprise has adapted to changes in technology, and how the business has been able to transform with the use of informatics.
Our partners at Dell EMC have published a series of podcast interviews focused on IT Transformation that I’d encourage you to listen to.
As we analyze what information technology transformation is, we ought to ask ourselves a series of questions that assess the level of impact information technology has on the success of institutions. These questions include:
- How is technology used in your company?
- What are the systems in place used to run your business?
- What level of effort is utilized to develop and integrate these systems?
- What potential is there for information technology to transform your business?
Every company has realized advantages that technology has brought. While most companies have succeeded to date, more companies are not realizing the full benefits of IT Transformation. From the surveys done with Dell, it’s apparent that accelerating adoption of technology is driving innovation, efficiency, competitiveness, and improved business results. In other words, it’s no longer a risk to invest in transforming your business – it’s not a risk to delay transforming your business.
The most successful businesses today have unique qualities.
- Transformed businesses have been able to encourage the use of technology in all of their operations.
- Transformed businesses have adopted processes that make adoption of information technology easier.
- Transformed businesses are adopting clouds for increased productivity, scalability, security, compliance and backup.
Below are a number of questions that will provide more insight as to why IT transformation is vital to your business.
- Is speed of adoption critical? Yes it is. A vast majority of businesses today take up information technology transformation so that they can be better placed in developing new products and services before their competitors. The most successful companies build robust applications and integrations in a matter of days – and these applications are more stable, rarely experiencing maintenance problems.
- Are implementation delays impacting your business? IT transformation is boosting the productivity of most institutions. To this end, transformed businesses are able to execute their projects with great efficiency and deliver outputs way before schedule.
- How long would it take you to migrate to the cloud? Using the right technology, provision of virtual machines can take less than four hours.
- How does IT transformation impact your working budget? Because of the increase in memory, processing, bandwidth, and packaged systems, companies don’t have to invest in purchasing the entire infrastructure. IT is now delivered and charged as a utility, allowing companies to make a minimal investment and see immediate results.
- How does your business generate more revenue than before? From Dell EMC’s research, enterprise companies that have been fully IT transformed are realizing higher profit margins and many exceeded the most optimistic revenue projections.
- Does a mature business that is IT enabled spend more so at to maintain its transformation? Yes. Businesses are investing more, but the investment is realizing a faster return and providing the companies with an immediate edge over their competitors. Long term, as the business stabilizes, budget allocations for IT are likely to go down.
- Is there a correlation between employee culture and IT alignment? Yes, there is. Transformed businesses see an increase in employee satisfaction, less stress, less turnover, and greater collaboration between internal departments.
- What role does the cloud play in the success of IT transformation? Adoption of cloud technologies shift infrastructure closer to your customer, improving response time, visibility, and enhancing customer satisfaction.
From the onset, it was evident information technology was necessary for the success of your business. Today, however, companies that are investing heavily to transform their companies are creating a more robust and flexible enterprise, much more capable of competing in the market place.
Lifeline Data Centers is an expert at Data Center, Cloud, and IT Transformation. Contact us so we can accelerate business results in your company.